Monday, May 18, 2009

Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo.

This happens to be the most amazing thing to ever come out of The Simpsons EVER! (This is perhaps my favorite animated series other than Bunny and Claude: The Great Carrot Train Robbery.) As I continue to box up my belongings for the fast approaching date of my departure out of Tucson, I keep a continual flow of Simpsons episodes playing for background ambiance and my general amusement. In the episode "The Last Temptation of Homer" (season 5) we are introduced to Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo, a clever alias used by Homer whom turns out is a fellow drinker at Moe's tavern. It's the most clever alias I've ever heard of, and possibly the funniest. Although I'm disappointed of the pacing in the newer Simpsons episodes (mostly from season 10 on to the present) it's these earlier episodes that really get my goat.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a good question (one that pops into my head every time I see this rad rad rad episode):

    Why does the junior precede his surname?

    Seriously, John Schwatzfelder (think he wrote that episode) is a genius.

    Get his book The Time Machine Did It, if you'd like reading a story that is essentially Homer as a noir private eye, constantly getting the shit beat out of himself...

    ReplyDelete