Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fact

Street performers make me nauseous and uncomfortable.
 Not Okay.

While this fear of street performers may be an acquired phobia from my dad's strong (and hilarious) opposition to to mimes, and all things mime related, these so called 'entertainers' seriously make me cringe. I contemplate projectile vomiting when i come upon what appears to be a statue in the center of town, only to realize it's a person... performing. Why the hostility you ask? As a part of the Unwanted Companion series I've been working on, my own performance involves placing myself in as many tourist videos and pictures as possible... and quite frankly, these street performers are cramping my style. Of course this seems like a perfect opportunity to get in a plethora of snapshots and travel videos, but pix pix will tell you I physically need her to switch places with me if I'm nearer to the street performer when we are walking together... I'm that uncomfortable. So dilemma: do I let these modern-day ragamuffins' take me down, or do I myself dress up like a statue only to become the one thing I hate, OR do I just learn to live in harmony.... So many decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment