Monday, May 31, 2010

Sloop John B

So hoist up the john b's sail
See how the mainsail sets
Call for the captain ashore
Let me go home, let me go home
I wanna go home, yeah yeah
Well I feel so broke up
I wanna go home

I'm leaving Bratislava at 5am in the morning tomorrow... spent my last day with 12hours of video critique. It was a special kind of torture as pix pix would say. I'm going to miss this place entirely too much, and plan on working with the amazing people I've meet here in the near future. The past five months have flown by, and if I dare sound sentimental, it was all much too fast. I'm looking forward to the comforts of home (such as burritos and my dog,) but I'm really going to miss certain things here as well. How about a list?

1. Dog with one ear that barks at me on my walk to school
2. Pavol - the funny little Slovak man that runs the editing studio
3. My flatmates Andrej, Adam, Kerto, Peter, Shanti, and of course Christiana (yes we all lived here with one single bathroom...)
4. My thinking spot by the window
5. People watching on Hitler's square
6. The bank by the Danube
7. The fruit shop on the corner and the cat that lives in its window

I won't miss shower baths....


No comments:

Post a Comment