Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This could have been helpful...

For the past few weeks I have taken some much needed time off in my home town of Twin Falls, ID. It's been a lovely trip, and I couldn't have asked for better weather (especially since it was 114 degrees when I left Arizona.) I spent some time with my dog, I went to the county fair, I had some quality time with my grandma, I learned how to make some killer pie crust; it was nothing short of being a super vacation... However, after an unfortunate series of events, I was stung by a wasp. On my top lip. Multiple times. What are the odds of that happening you may ask? I have no idea. All I know is that when people refer to "bee-stung lips" in beauty magazines, they really have no idea what they are talking about. Because the look is close to that of being psychotic and far, far away from being considered glamorous... I've included in this blog a list for you, readers, to help prevent this tragedy from happening to any of your precious faces... I just wish I could have known some of these rules sooner...
Tips to avoid bee stings:
1. Don't wear perfumes or colognes.
2. Avoid wearing brightly colored clothing, especially floral prints.
3. Be careful what you eat outdoors.
4. Don't walk barefoot.
5. Try not to wear loose-fitting clothes.
6. Stay still.
7. Keep your car windows rolled up.
8. Rinse your garbage and recycling cans and keep lids on them.
9. Don't hang out in the flower garden.
10. Call a professional to have unwanted bees, wasps, or hornets removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment