Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Project Camp

The best part of camp : making the demo projects
Spirit Sticks
It's full on summer in Tucson, and I've got my bucket of sunscreen and kiddie-pools of ice water at the ready! I've been pretty sparse on my posts as of late, but ONLY because I've been given a great opportunity to be the facilitating director of the arts programing at a wonderful summer camp in the foothills of Tucson. It's been a busy time to say the least. We just kicked off camp this Monday, and it has been so interesting to navigate children between the ages of 5-11 than it is (obviously) with my undergraduate students. There is something so refreshing about unbridled creativity that hasn't been tainted by the daunting constructs of higher art education. It's a lot of running around, but I'm enjoying it so far! I've started a sister blog for the projects we will be making for the next 9 weeks. You can check out what we are up to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment