Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dads

It's hard to believe that a little over a year ago I was spending a whirlwind adventure with my pops over in Central Europe. After the disaster with the volcano, dad was able to get a ticket to see me instead of our failed London trip we had planned a month earlier. In a matter of five days we went to Prague, Budapest, Vienna, Bratislava, and back to Prague. I like to call the whole experience "Central Europe through the eyes of a Goulash Connoisseur." Regardless of the goulash, we took many long train rides to see the Prague Castle, Budapest Castle, Slavin, the opulent museum quarter square of Vienna, and haggled at many, many street markets. It was an experience that I will never forget, and a trip that I will probably never have the chance to take again, and for that I am forever grateful.
 My dad posing with an appropriate sign in front of an amazing Goulash restaurant in Prague

 On the Train to Budapest from Prague

 On the train to Vienna from Bratislava (I still have yet to figure out why dad was trying to read the Slovak news)
 
 
In front of a wall in Prague... Dad being a good model

At Slavin, a 15 min walk from my flat

No comments:

Post a Comment