Friday, June 3, 2011

update to no update

Frame 2 of 3 from the recent show held at the 5th at 6th Gallery last month
Coming off from a month of huge changes has set my Arizona summer clock to a painfully slow, tick tocking. Not only have I installed/de-installed two group shows, I was "hooded" in my masters graduation, completed 11 full days of yoga immersion, was hired for two different positions (one of which would have kept me in Tucson until May of 2012, and the other requires me to fold t-shirts), rekindled a special bond with my equally special man friend, and made the difficult choice to leave Tucson in January to potentially set up myself in Austin, Texas. Needless to say, I'm a bit overwhelmed. I'm finding that the "post-masters slump" is something that no one could have prepared me for (and actually no one in my program attempted to). I mean, who really wants to end up working in a dead end retail job after countless hours of art obsessed study and research?
Finding it hard to matriculate back into the other real world, and hoping that good things lie ahead.... otherwise, stick a fork in me because I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment